Celebrate Skin Care Awareness Month With A Fresh-Faced Glow
After months in the summer sunshine, your skin might be looking a little dull or tired. Drinking more water and wearing sunscreen shouldn’t be the only items on your to-do list. You should also be thinking about rejuvenating your skin before the cold weather comes. Our Albany-area plastic surgery clinic has tools such as fillers and medical-grade skincare products to give you a fresh-faced glow, just in time for autumn.
September is Skin Care Awareness Month, so now is the perfect time to learn more about skin care and invest in your routine. This blog post provides a few trusted tips from Brittney, our practice’s new skin care specialist.
Med spas are often known for treatments like BOTOX® and fillers. But healthy skin involves more than just injectables (although they certainly help!). Add these tips into your routine to brighten up your complexion.
- Retinol: Brittney considers this “the one product everyone should be using.” Retinol, also known as Vitamin A, is an ingredient that speeds up cell turnover and helps create new, fresh skin. It can treat fine lines, acne, and dull texture. Retinol products can be used every other day by patients of all ages.
- Dermaplaning with Dermalinfusion: Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that removes peach fuzz and dead skin. Dermalinfusion adds the extra boost of a serum, making skin look bright and full. Brittney enjoys this treatment because “patients get instant gratification.” Skin looks “flawless” after treatment, and there is no required downtime.
Ideal Skincare Routine
In a fast-paced world, it’s important to take time for yourself. This September, make skin treatments a part of your self-care plans. Brittney’s ideal skincare routine includes these trusted products and treatments.
- Morning: cleanse, growth factor serum, vitamin C serum, moisturizer, sunscreen
- Evening: cleanse, growth factor serum, retinol, moisturizer
- Weekly: exfoliate with SkinMedica® AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser or Truth Treatment System AHA Energizing Mineral Exfoliator™
- Monthly: 1 session of either dermaplaning, a chemical peel, or microdermabrasion
- Yearly: a series of microneedling treatments combined with the TempSure® Envi laser, to help with collagen production for fine lines and wrinkles
New Release: Truth Treatment Systems
In honor of Skin Care Awareness Month, the practice is happy to announce the launch of a new product line: Truth Treatment Systems®.
As a pharmaceutical-grade, physician-only dispensed skincare brand, these cosmetics contain 100% active ingredients and zero fillers or preservatives. They include high concentrations of retinol, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and more. Ask our staff for recommendations during your next consultation.
If you’re looking for more refreshing treatment options, watch Brittney perform a dry ice facial in the video below. This “slush facial”—a new favorite of Kendall and Kylie Jenner—is also available by request at the practice.
Recover from summer with an icy facial and fresh, new products. To learn more about skin care this September, contact our Albany-area practice online or by call (518) 328-3330.