- Wearing a facial mask frequently can cause skin irritation and buildup underneath the skin.
- Below are some helpful tips for preventing chafing, including a suggested at-home skincare routine.
- Our products are available, and we are happy to ship them to you upon request .
Our highest gratitude goes out to all of the first responders in the middle of this pandemic.
First responders are required to wear face coverings or masks to perform daily work tasks for both the protection of themselves and their patients. Many of those who are in the public sphere but who are not in the medical field also opt to wear masks to prevent exposure.
Wearing a mask or face covering daily is likely to create new skin concerns, such as chafing, discomfort, clogging, and acne. As our health care professionals, first responders, and service workers, you’re putting your blood, sweat, and tears into daily work during this time. At Rockmore Plastic Surgery near Albany, NY, we want to make your lives a little more comfortable with some tips for keeping your skin in tiptop shape for both health and cosmetic concerns.
To prevent chafing from rubbing, apply paper tape to the bridge of the nose and other sensitive areas. You can also apply a healing moisturizer in those areas before putting on your mask and as a night cream.
Our favorites are:
- SkinMedica HA5
- SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream
- Truth Treatment Omega 6 Healing Cream
Prevent Breakouts and Clogging
Bacteria, dirt, oil, and sweat are likely to build up under face coverings. So it is recommended to thoroughly cleanse the skin morning and night with a salicylic cleanser or an AHA such as glycolic acid for a deep clean to prevent breakouts and clogging. (If you already have dry or sensitive skin, a good gel or foam cleanser will suffice.)
Our top picks are:
- SkinMedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
- SkinMedica Purifying Foaming Wash
- Truth Treatment Peppermint Salicylic Cleanser
You can spot-treat as needed with retinol or our acne spot treatment from Truth Treatment. For dry or sensitive skin, the facial cleanser from SkinMedica is also a great deep clean, but it’s a bit more gentle.
Don’t forget to moisturize!
- SkinMedica’s HA5 is excellent for all skin types and can balance out your natural moisture factors in the skin without feeling overly heavy.
- SkinMedica’s Rejuvenative Moisturizer and its Dermal Repair Cream are also great!
- Truth Treatment’s Hyaluronic Mineral Hydrator is the lightest version with a serum feel that is great for acne or oily skin.
Feel free to shop for SkinMedica products on our Brilliant Connections store page. Or give us a call at (518) 328-3330 or email us at email@example.com to purchase the Truth Treatment products mentioned in this blog post.
If you want to explore your skincare treatment and plastic surgery options in the Albany region, you don’t have to wait until the stay-at-home order is lifted. We begin offering virtual consultations on April 16. Call our office to schedule your appointment.
We know this is a challenging time for everyone, and we will continue to provide you with updates as we have news or helpful information. All of us at Rockmore Plastic Surgery hope for your continued health and safety.